Monday, March 30, 2020

Help You Be A Better Boss And Run Better 1On1S











About:

Managers on my team have different takes on the 1-on-1. Some managers I've worked with don't even have them with their direct reports (what?!)


I’m going to share a tool I use to be more successful as a manager every week for the next few weeks... Here we go!


This is my template for my 1:1 Tracking Doc that I use in all of my direct report one-one-one meetings.


I have 1-on-1s weekly and here's how I explain how I think about 1-on-1's to those on my team:


* This is your meeting - These meetings aren't for me (manager), they are for you (report).


* You set the agenda - I want to make sure we are talking about what is most important to you, so you're in charge of the agenda.


* This is a safe space - We can talk about whatever you want (e.g. maybe you're not getting along with a coworker).


Most importantly though - I need to be able to keep track of our notes, feedback, actions and progress week over week. That's why I use this template. 


Bonus: It also helps at review time since I have all of our notes and feedback in one place!


#BeABetterBoss

Reviews


: : : : :


No comments:

Post a Comment